Precinct Noise Monitoring
Multi-Venue Noise Compliance
Entertainment Noise Monitoring by Munisence
Multiple Venue Noise Control
When there are multiple venues in an entertainment precinct with music noise emissions impacting the same sensitive receptors the Munisence entertainment noise monitoring system may be used to confirm compliance with noise limits, or may be used to identify venues that are non-compliant with license noise limits.
The monitoring system uses Type 1 outdoor microphones installed at specific locations adjacent to each venue with a single microphone at each sensitive receptor location. The microphones can be powered by small solar panels that are easily mounted to a pole.
The noise monitoring stations include a LTEM modem and Zigbee wireless and transmit 1 second noise levels (overall and frequency) to a secure web portal. The Zigbee wireless method allows multiple units to act as a daisy chain network as data can be sent through another noise monitor.
The noise emissions from each venue can be correlated to determine the percentage of noise being emitted by each operating venue for each monitoring time period.
The monitoring system incorporates the following:
- Wireless outdoor microphones are installed near each venue and selected sensitive receptors.
- Very easy to set up UI for the venues and sensitive receptors
- Correlation logic is developed for each precinct by Munisence
- Near real-time reporting of noise levels (couple of minutes delay) in cloud software
- Data recording in cloud software